When a private school was looking to save money on their printers and copiers, it contacted NBM, Inc. for their help to provide quality products with outstanding service at a fraction of its current costs. They were searching for a print solution that could consolidate devices, track printing, and chargeback to students.
Business Environment Challenges
A leading private school located south of Boston was coming toward the end of its lease for their multifunction printers (MFPs) with another manufacturer. It was spending an excessive amount of money per month and needed to investigate cost saving solutions.
The school was also unhappy with the service it was receiving from its current vendor. Quality of both the product and the service were important to them. The school was also concerned that staff were wasting paper and that confidential student records could sit on the exit tray insecurely. They were interested in learning more about tracking capabilities to track printing.
- Unmanaged print spending
- Variety of different makes and models
- No Print Release stations for Teachers and Students
- Needed a vendor to provide quality service
- Desired a local dealer for fast response times
- No Tracking Capabilities
- Tons of Paper Waste
- 5 different types of manufacturers
- PaperCut MF Print Release Solution
- (1) Sharp MX-4071, (4) Sharp MX-M2651 & Sharp MX-376W
- 25% reduction in overall costs by replacing previous fleet
- Easy to use touchscreen interface, consistent on all models
- Single Streamlined Invoice
- Scanning and printing ability from Staff Google Accounts
- Cut Down on paper waste and color images
- Flexibility to convert scan documents to Word, Excel, Powerpoint & Searchable PDF
- Mobile Printing from iPhones & iPads
The school reached out to multiple office technology companies to assess their existing fleet and make recommendations. When NBM, Inc. made their sales pitch, the customer was already very familiar with Sharp printers and copiers, having used them in a previous job. They liked what Sharp had to offer and felt comfortable and confident in using Sharp MFPs, plus they liked the fact that Sharp was a well-respected manufacturer in the industry for many years.
NBM, Inc. customized the requirements of the client to the most economical offering that would meet or exceed their expectations. The ease of use of the Sharp MFPs along with NBM, Inc.’s equipment guarantee made the school comfortable in their decision.
In the end, the customer procured (6) Sharp MFPs in total including (1) Sharp MX-4071 and (4) Sharp MX-M2651 & (1) Sharp MX-B376W.
Overall, the Private School was very pleased with both the sales process and the installation of the Sharp MFPs. The best part for the school was the significant cost savings. They are saving 25% per month by eliminating their previous fleet and going with Sharp MFPs.
The school is also evaluating their needs and considering other products NBM offers like Interactive Display Boards and Mailing Equipment.